Thursday 21 June 2012

Seek Me

Seek me through the terror
seek me in the snow
seek me when the angels
are kissing down below.

Seek me from a country
seek me from a view
seek me when accountants
are quantifying you.

I tried to take your sacred hand
to realms of common wonderland
your heart was golden, roaming free
from shrieks to small eternity.

And in the art of lying wild
we kissed and then conceived a child,
she shone beneath your hidden womb
and made a rainbow in your room.

Seek me in the mirror
seek me in the wind
seek me when depression
is fortified then thinned.

Seek me from a window
seek me from a place
where seven hundred shadows
are dancing on your face.

It’s true I thought your name was king
when laughter cut through everything,
but now it seems your heart is closed
and I must rue the song I chose.

Seek me from a painting
grant me one reprieve
kiss me on the mountain
then turn around and leave.





© Danny Gunzburg 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment