Thursday 21 June 2012

Anything, Anyway.

Any way she loves me, that is still okay,
of all the things we ponder,
trouble and regret,
there’s nothing that can capture
the work of earth and clay,
so anything we ponder
that is still okay.

Anything we capture, loving and the rain,
loving and the whisper,
poems in the brain,
of faith that can’t believe me,
and gods that hide their name,
of gods that work so simple,
and faith that vows to stay,
anything we capture,
that is still okay.

Anything we mirror, trouble and regret,
nothing seems to matter,
nothing seems to stay,
something seems to shudder,
something seems to sway,
why does work endanger
a life I can’t obey?
Anything we mirror,
that is still okay.

Any way she loves me, any way she stops,
any way she finds me
on the mountain tops,
fools me and accrues me
feeds me and entraps,
spins me and begins me,
levitates our laps,
any way she sings me,
anything she’ll say,
loses and then wins me,
leading me astray,
any way she rocks me
any way she stings,
any way she hates me
any way she sings…

Any way she breaks me,
on the calmest day,
any way she loves me,
that is still okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment