Wednesday 17 August 2016

I'd Love To See You Naked



I’d love to see you naked,
your curvature of spine,
your face the work of painters
who’ve met with the divine.

Your art the hum of tremors
that shake this very earth,
your mouth a shock fantastic,
like Eden giving birth.

I’d love to see you naked,
and film you from the back,                                                               
and touch you like a vision
that’s had a heart attack.

Your neck a twisted forest,
your arms a lake supreme,
your legs like beams of summer,
your hair like silk serene.

I’d love to see you naked,
your skin like hidden veils,
I’d write you like an artist
who’d kiss you if he fails,

and sing you like a mountain,
and paint you like a dove,
and move you like some music,
composed in tragic love.                                              

I’d write you like a singer,
it wouldn’t take me long,
and you could be the dancer
enraptured by my song.

I’d love to see you naked,
my body rich and fair,
and I could write your poems
with you just standing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment